Remote Web Application Developer
North Point Geographic Solutions (NPGS), located in Duluth MN is seeking a self-motivated, talented individual who is eager to join our growing small business team as a full-time, remote Web Application Developer. We are an ESRI business partner and specialize in creating custom GIS solutions and applications using the latest GIS technologies, including ArcGIS Online and Mobile/Web applications. You will become an integral part of a small, dynamic team utilizing agile development methodologies and focused on client service. You may also work on multiple, large GIS Programming projects for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as have opportunities to use your leadership skills by helping coordinate small-scale Software Development projects. NPGS offers competitive benefits including: ST/LT disability, health insurance, PTO, flexible hours, paid holidays, opportunities for travel, as well as retirement benefits for eligible employees.
- Coordinate with GIS Data Analysts/Programmers to complete all life-cycle phases of Software development projects.
- Help set priorities in projects and tasks and those of the team, balancing importance and urgency.
- Maintain a good understanding of NPGS Database contents and specifications, as well as the various tools andtechnologies utilized for database creation and maintenance.
- Understand the NPGS organizational structure and coordinate as part of a team with the potential to lead small-scale projects.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional projects, which will help to increase efficiency, quality and/orreduce costs within operations.
- Prepare and present regular client demo meetings, following an Agile methodology.
- Track project requirements, perform testing and documentation of defects, perform defect fixes for softwaredevelopment projects.
- Follow through on timely completion of tasks, while maintaining quality and integrity.
- Bachelor/University degree or Technical College degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Web Application Development or related field preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Eager to learn and come up to speed in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work independently, as well aspart of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as team collaboration skills.
- Must be authorized to work in United States.
- NPGS Corporate Headquarters are in Duluth, MN. This position does not require on-site work, howeverapplicants are required to regularly attend video conference calls, so they must have a stable internet connection and dedicated space to perform job duties.