****NOTE THIS JOB IS POSTED BY EDGE. YOU CAN APPLY TO THE LINK BELOW THIS POST****
Stefanini Group is hiring!
Perform assignments on work related to recording or producing information associated with the construction, operation, and maintenance of Utility Systems as qualified through formalized and/or on the job training.
- Maintain the GIS connected model with information from sources including, but not limited to, work management systems, as-built construction drawings, work orders, completion records, field reports or other information from the job sponsor.
- Perform analysis or queries to assemble data and prepare reports, tabulations, charts and maps from asset information contained in the connected model and various other data sources.
- Produce standard prints and ad-hoc plots for field requests containing specific information derived from the connected model and various other data sources.
- Maintain service point data and the relationship to feeding source transformer.
- Track lifespan of utility asset data, including history, inspection and attachments.
- Resolve conflicting data, mapping, connectivity, and land issues through office or field investigation.
- Perform GIS work pertaining to major projects such as facility relocations, load rearrangement and new business.
- Operate automated office equipment including, but no limited to printers, plotters, duplication machines, facsimile and scanners.
- File records and data pertaining to the work.
- Perform manual or computer aided drafting.
- Operate a car or light truck.
- Assist other employees in plant work, in the field, or in the office.
- Perform other similar skilled work.
Required: 1-2 years of GIS experience (school or work-related).
Must meet the Company’s general requirements, and in addition:
- 1-2 years of GIS experience (geographic information system)
- GIS in any industry but must have knowledge/understanding to update the GIS system
- Micro station, AutoCAD-strong plus but still must have GIS
- Must have the ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of:
- The company’s business applications.
- Material, equipment, and apparatus used in the work.
- The Utilities’ Transmission and Distribution systems
- Various operating and maintenance handbooks and manuals insofar as they pertain to his/her work, including the safety rules and practices set forth therein.
- Must be able to work at various locations based on business needs/workload
- Must posses and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles in the state of New Jersey.
- Computer skills in MS Office and other Windows applications