Urban GIS, Inc. is looking to hire several GIS Field Technicians for an on-going project with a utility company. This position will be in the field include gathering audit data on light poles in the greater Chicagoland area. We are seeking for high school or college graduate who are passionate about doing their best, detail oriented, willing to learn, comfortable working with technology, familiar with MS Excel, who possess a positive attitude, and who do not mind working in the field.
- Uses specialized GPS equipment to report position and record data in company software.
- Work with Auditing team.
- Responsible for survey data
- Responsible for all GPS equipment
- Creates audit notes in software.
- You will be heading out to various townships or cities to gather reports from GIS auditors.
- Entry Level
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to complete projects thoroughly and with a sense of ownership.
- Ability to move at a quick pace and work despite interruptions.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn about our company.
- Proficient with Excel and iPad.
- Comfortable working with technology
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must have a valid license.
Position Type: Contract. May start as Part time and move to full time
Availability: Can Start Immediately until August 2021
Work Location: Chicagoland Area
Work Conditions: 100% Outdoor
Others: Finalists for the position will be subject to background check and drug testing