****NOTE THIS JOB IS POSTED BY EDGE. YOU CAN APPLY TO THE LINK BELOW THIS POST****
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position requires creative technical and critical thinking skills and is responsible for the development and administration of the Geographic Information Systems utilized by Comcast Corporate Security’s Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The GIS Engineer will work with the GSOC’s Risk Intelligence Team to optimize its use of GIS software for the creation of timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence products; develop procedures aimed at enhancing overall user experience; ensure strict compliance to Comcast data and privacy protection policies.
- Support Corporate Security intelligence requirements through utilization of GIS software and data analysis tools
- Create, maintain, and administer databases, maps, and web applications that can be combined with geographically referenced data
- Management of ArcGIS Enterprise components (Server, Portal, Data Store)
- Develop, enhance, and ensure accuracy of StoryMaps, dashboards, base maps, multisource data feeds (MSDF), and Survey123 Forms
- Identify authoritative data sources for hazard incidents and events, create and manage layers from these sources
- Parse and review downloaded geospatial information; research source documents; organize reports and files in support of analysis and quality control; maintain metadata and metrics.
- Analyze and/or synthesize disparate datasets to determine optimal integration into GIS software
- Manage recurring data updates and associated quality assurance processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve data connection and user access issues
- Manage the governance documentation including existing data dictionary and requirements traceability matrix
- Participate in the development of strategic and tactical approaches to using ArcGIS Enterprise
- Debug, edit online mapping application and web API
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Field Of Study
Geography, GIS, Computer Science
Years Of Experience
Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- In-depth understanding and practical work experience using the Esri ArcGIS Enterprise
- Automating and customizing geospatial tasks with Python scripting
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL query and scripting
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- In-depth knowledge of general mapping principles, spatial analysis, remote sensing, digitizing, and cartography
- Self-starter and motivated, able to operate with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, confidentiality, and teamwork skills
- General IT infrastructure and architecture experience knowledge is a plus
Employees At All Levels Are Expected To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.