****NOTE THIS JOB IS POSTED BY EDGE. YOU CAN APPLY TO THE LINK BELOW THIS POST****
ERM is seeking an experienced GIS Consultant to join our Minneapolis, MN office. The mid-level GIS Consultant will join an existing team of GIS professionals to integrate GIS technology in support of our core services including energy infrastructure feasibility and site selection, environmental permitting, and digital solutions.
- Plan, design, implement, and maintain large, complex, multi-year GIS projects.
- Organize and manage project data, analysis, and mapping following company protocols and industry best practices.
- Prioritize, organize, perform, and direct numerous work assignments in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Lead and work effectively with others in a team environment to deliver quality projects successfully.
- Author and edit geoprocessing scripts and tools with python and model-builder.
- Publish and maintain ArcGIS web-based map services and applications.
- Develop and deploy mobile data collection systems including Trimble and Esri mobile applications.
- Enhance existing GIS capabilities through continuous improvement of methods, tools, and workflows.
- Provide technical assistance, trouble-shooting, and resolve issues with GIS systems; recommend technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences, geography or related field; Master’s degree in GIS preferred.
- Minimum of four years professional experience using Esri’s ArcGIS/ArcPro suite, including Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
- Experience designing and conducting complex geospatial analyses utilizing Python or ModelBuilder to develop customized tools and routines.
- Experience designing and developing ArcGIS Online web maps and customized web apps utilizing ArcGIS Server.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting Esri mobile applications.
- Advanced experience with data management including organizing and maintaining complex projects containing geospatial and tabular data, custom tools and toolboxes, analysis output, maps, and enterprise SQL geodatabases.
- Previous experience working effectively in a collaborative, team environment to deliver quality projects on-time and within budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of the technical application, concepts, principles, and theories in GIS and GPS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, keen orientation to detail, and an eye for professional presentation and aesthetics in project deliverables (maps, charts and graphs, and tables).
- Self-motivated, quick learning, curious, resourceful, flexible individual with a common-sense approach to conducting business and workload management.
Preferred Expeience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in GIS.
- Experience as a primary point-of-contact on mid- to large-scale GIS projects.
- Experience with GIS for linear referencing and rout calibrations for energy or transportation projects.
- Advanced experience with Python scripting or other computer programming language.
- Experience using ArcPro in a production setting, creating ArcPro geoprocessing tools in Python, and utilizing Arcade.
- SQL database development and management experience.
- Experience designing advanced geospatial solutions and user experience design.
- Experience in a consulting setting.
- Experience gathering field data with Trimble GPS or Esri Mobile solutions.
- Familiarity using AutoCAD or other CAD software, MS-Visio, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator).
Who We Are
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Job reference: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2735656327/?eBP=JOB_SEARCH_ORGANIC&recommendedFlavor=IN_NETWORK&refId=DlfchAg3v6FX2l3RQ995WA%3D%3D&trackingId=b7%2FyfEmMxJqDT9Y6EBlHGw%3D%3D&trk=flagship3_search_srp_jobs