****NOTE THIS JOB IS POSTED BY EDGE. YOU CAN APPLY TO THE LINK BELOW THIS POST****
Requisition 28279: Engineering Data Coordinator
As a member of the Engineering Planning & Technology (EP&T) team, the incumbent is responsible for managing and supporting data acquisition projects, products, and initiatives, as well as leading data driven analysis to identify and evaluate opportunities to increase asset effectiveness and drive a low-cost operation.
- Incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of the activities associated with engineering, mechanical, and transportation field operations and apply this knowledge to perform a variety of data studies and analysis, advance data acquisition activities, and establish change management practices.
- Responsibility includes planning, coordinating, and implementing the collection of track data across yards and industries, and conducting data analysis on the track data collected across the system, as well as supporting activities involving data acquisition technologies and practices, such as drone aerial imagery, LiDAR surveys, and traditional topographic surveys.
- The incumbent will be called upon to work with various groups and departments in a collaborative manner to mine and manipulate data to perform data analytics on a variety of engineering assets and data points.
- Position serves as the primary project coordinator on data acquisition initiatives, which requires the planning, directing, coordinating, and executing of activities with multiple business partners, both internal and external, to ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished within the defined scope, time, and budget.
- The incumbent will be expected to leverage the appropriate technology and best practices to drive efficiency and productivity improvements associated with data acquisition, change management, and data analytics.
- Position requires strong communication skills for facilitating and coordinating teams of varying expertise and must demonstrate the ability to communicate project goals and scope to the various business partners.
- The incumbent will be expected to develop a working knowledge of the various processes administered by the EP&T team, such as, but not limited to, Engineering GIS and Engineering Systems.
- The incumbent will work closely with multiple internal and external business partners in a variety of fields to coordinate and execute acquisition activities, to mine and extract data, and perform data analysis, thus the incumbent must be adept in communicating with field personnel and back office teams that support the operation.
- The incumbent must have excellent time management, decision making, and communication skills, as well as be proactive, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities.
Job Related Experience
- Minimum Level: 1-3 years field experience
- Preferred Level: 3-6 years field experience
- Preferred Level: Bachelor’s Degree (BS)
- Preferred Majors: Engineering, Construction Management
Licenses / Certifications
- Required: None listed
- Preferred: None listed
- Advance knowledge and use of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, OneDrive, TEAMS, and Project
- Knowledge of surveying, engineering, planning, plus experience in a project management role is highly desirable
- Experience with GIS, Oracle, SQL, SAP and Spotfire is preferred
Skills And Abilities
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Supervisor Track Inspection
- Track Supervisor
- Geospatial Data Engineer
- System Track Analyst
- Manager GDA&M
- Director Engineering Technology
- Environment: Office
- Shift Work: No
- On-Call: Yes
- Weekend Work: No
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Interested applicants can process application in this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2764765169/?eBP=JOB_SEARCH_ORGANIC&recommendedFlavor=IN_NETWORK&refId=DlfchAg3v6FX2l3RQ995WA%3D%3D&trackingId=Hkp0HXrwuxrbXHAHjJLLPg%3D%3D&trk=flagship3_search_srp_jobs