The primary function of the GIS Intern is to assist LIO staff with general maintenance of GIS data. The GIS intern will create exhibits for internal departments and external clients. The intern will edit core datasets for the LIO and will be tasked with performing raster data transformations.
- Mapping subdivision plats and documenting issues with the recorded document.
- Map Milwaukee County transportation right of way plats.
- Updates, corrects, validates and verifies the topographic and planimetric datasets. Employs spatially enabled toolsets, reconciles multiple and diverse source materials.
- Respond and fulfill GIS data requests. Data requests can be for specific areas of interest or complete datasets. These can also be custom requests that need manipulation or transformation.
- A current resident of the State of Wisconsin
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree on Geography, GIS or Computer Science.
- Six (6) months of coursework experience in GIS, Cartography, or Computer Science.
- Basic Knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Basic esri desktop, esri ArcGIS online.
Additional Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of esri desktop and esri ArcGIS online;
- Ability to exchange basic information with internal and /or external contacts;
- Ability to explain and gather information, answer queries, or provide assistance to internal and/or external contacts;
- Ability to persuade, conform or recommend course of action with internal and/or external contacts;
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, reports, short correspondence and memos;
- Ability to speak effectively before both internal and/or external groups;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions;
- Ability to execute decisions within limits of standard policy and procedures;
- Ability to interpret and adapt to established practices and procedures using independent judgment to meet situations to which applications are not clearly defined.
Interested candidates can visit this link: https://milwaukeelearning.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=6&c=milwaukeelearning&id=1923