Raleigh Water is looking for the right individual to join an innovative, skilled, and collaborative GIS team focused on leveraging geospatial technologies and developing creative solutions. Raleigh Water’s current GIS initiatives include the implementation of ArcGIS Indoors, ArcGIS Portal, and the migration to Utility Network. The GIS team supports the Department through advanced geospatial analytics to identify and solve complex problems and to optimize decisions; integrating real-time data to provide a comprehensive view into operations; configuring field apps to achieve efficiencies in field operations; configuring data-driven maps to guide resource allocation and decision making; maintaining a GIS data inventory of over 1.5 million assets that make up the Water Distribution and Sewer Collection Systems as well as Water and Waste Water Treatment Facilities.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the motivation to develop and execute geospatial strategies as part of a collaborative team environment. The candidate will enthusiastically promote the value and support the expansion of geospatial solutions throughout Raleigh Water.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and analyzes Departmental needs and align with current geospatial solutions.
- Develops models and implementing geoprocessing tools and other automated process enhancements.
- Produces high quality static and dynamic map products following proper cartographic principals for external and internal customers.
- Develops and provides technical support and training for GIS and non-GIS professionals within Raleigh Water.
- Provides troubleshooting and incident resolution of geospatial applications.
- Performs analysis through the esri analytical toolsets.
- Establishes data editing, attribute rules and relationships to maintain data integrity and to simplify data entry.
For interested candidates, you can visit this link for more information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/2908751-0/gis-analyst