Do you have a passion for working collaboratively on creative projects? Do you love telling stories about important and interesting issues? Does the prospect of helping develop and enhance a new medium—and a community of storytellers—excite you? Join us in helping to build a global community of story map users and to create multimedia stories on a broad variety of topics.
- Work with team members to plan and host webinars and meetups about ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Lead and co-lead online and in-person presentations and workshops on ArcGIS StoryMaps and the principles of effective storytelling
- Assist in developing content (blog posts, instructional story maps, website materials, videos) to encourage effective storytelling and recruit new users
- Research story map topics; identify and incorporate data sources; acquire photos, video, and audio; write and edit story text
- Utilize ArcGIS StoryMaps to create innovative, high-quality stories and visually compelling maps and graphics as examples of excellent storytelling
- Collaborate closely with team members, developers, and cartographers to create, refine, publish, and update website content and example story maps
- Assist story map team members in reviewing and testing new functions and in soliciting feedback from external story map users
- Communicate with current and budding story map authors, providing support and advice
- At minimum, basic knowledge of ArcGIS and concepts of geography and cartographic design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Visual and design literacy
- Editorial skills, including an aptitude for distilling complex topics into compelling and accessible narratives
- Experience collaborating with people with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds, both in person and online
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A passion for excellence and willingness to go the extra mile to develop beautiful and memorable stories
- Bachelor’s degree
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.