Hundreds of thousands of people, most of them GIS specialists, are combining maps and rich multimedia content to tell stories using ArcGIS StoryMaps. Join us to identify and nurture new user communities for a digital storytelling product targeted to non-specialist audiences. You’ll spearhead development of a social media strategy and assist in creation of and strategy for a product website. You’ll recruit influencers in key communities and use analytics to identify trends and areas of opportunity.
You’ll work with a talented team of editorial specialists, cartographers, developers, and marketing professionals within the ArcGIS StoryMaps team. And you’ll collaborate with social media and marketing specialists on other Esri teams to maximize the new product’s exposure and build awareness.
- Develop strategy for attracting and building a new, non-GIS community on a variety of social media platforms
- Create content for social platforms, monitor conversations, and respond to community inquiries on these platforms
- Track activities and feedback from the user community and assist in determining strategic and development directions based on it
- Assist with development of website and strategy; help maintain and update the website with regular content
- Build relationships with influencers and other key stakeholders who can strategically help grow a new community
- 2+ years of experience managing social media platforms
- Familiarity with best practices for growing a social media community, particularly for a direct-to-consumer brand
- Strong understanding of website strategy and digital communication best practices
- Affinity for analytics and ability to use them to make key strategic decisions
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative team setting
- Willingness to learn on the fly, stay current on latest digital media trends, and experiment with new techniques for nurturing a new audience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree